Saturday, January 14, 2012

One year

In about a week, we'll have been living in good ol' O for one year.  It has been a really good year...in fact, it's been one of the best in the past six years.  This past year has allowed me to concentrate on my life:  my life with Dennis, and our three dogs.  I love it!  Even though we've hit a bit of a rough spot in the financial department, we've made ourselves a home and a family.

Friends/Family:  I've been a little sad being away from my family and my good friends, but they come and visit/plan on visiting us.  Melanie and Tom have visited.  Jayraan came to visit, and ANTONIO antonio'ed her visit!  Dennis' brother, Kevin came to visit.  Bren and Hoa visited us (and my brother bought hockey gloves because it was cold out.  God, I love that kid.)  Melanie and Tom are coming back in a few weeks!!  Lauren is hopefully going to make her way out in April.  Jayraan will be here in May to run the Rock n' Roll half-marathon!  Dennis' family will hopefully be here later this summer...we've got a good lineup of guests coming to visit Portlandia :o)  It's gonna be another good year.

School:  School has been rough.  I have been doing well, but I feel like it's really hard.  I keep making excuses as to why I don't think I'm doing well.  I really need to stop that.  It's mostly school that's been making me feel like an outcast.  For some reason (and I can't speak for certain yet because I've only been to school for one week), this term, people have been more friendly.

Work:  I've been applying for a ton of jobs for a couple of months now, and have heard back from ZERO.  I've also put in applications to be a volunteer, but have heard back from ZERO.  I talked to a girl in my class and she told me she applied to be a volunteer at a few places and didn't hear back, so I guess I don't feel that bad.

Dogs:  Besides Lilly getting knocked up and having an abortion, the puppies have been in good health.  Kiwi is a little brat at night sometimes when she lets out these weird "Yip yip" noises.  Sky still pees on anything he finds that needs urinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment