Is it weird that I took this from a total random's blog? I think it is, but hey, it gave me something to do!
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? Run for 30 minutes straight (huge accomplishment for this fat girl!)2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make new year's resolutions.3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Kinda/sorta? My former supervisor (who is prob one of my favorite peoples) gave birth.4. Did anyone close to you die? Another kinda/sorta..two very good friends of mine lost their moms this year.5. What countries did you visit? None. I stayed put in the good ol' USA
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? A job.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? September 9- when I received my Associate of Science degree. June 27- mine and Dennis' 10 year dating anniversary.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? See #7
9. What was your biggest failure? Not getting into nursing school.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Luckily, I did not.
11. What was the best thing you bought? I'd say it's my electric heating blanket.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? Probably the boyfriend- he puts up with me and he works hard.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? A lot of people got pretty disgusting (on Facebook) around Election time...it was both appalling and depressing to see that oppression is still alive and thriving.
14. Where did most of your money go? Bills! Food!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The prospect of moving back home to SD
16. What song will always remind you of 2012? Somebody that I Used to Know
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) Happier or Sadder? Happier
(b) Thinner or Fatter? Thinner (not by much!)
(c) Richer or Poorer? Poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Studying!!!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Complaining.
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2012? With Dennis' mountain biking buddy and his wife. They invited over a few other people for Christmas Dinner...it was probably the most fun I've had all year!
21. Did you fall in love in 2012? Not with anyone new.... :o)
22. How many one-night stands? lol I feel like I'm back on myspace.com filling this out
23. What was your favorite TV program? Breaking Bad, Dexter, True Blood, Army Wives, Switched at Birth, Hart of Dixie, Whale Wars (I spent a lot of time on Netflix).
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hating people takes up too much of my energy, so if I say I hate someone, it's not really true. I just say it for shock value ;o)
25. What was the best book you read? Fifty Shades of NOT! I really enjoyed Bossypants by Tina Fey
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Chuck Ragan (although, I will give credit where credit is due- Dennis had been listening to his music long before and I only gave Chuck Ragan a chance AFTER we saw them play live)
27. What did you want and get? New running shoes, running pants, a road bike...health, and happiness :o)
28. What did you want and not get? I wanted to get into a nursing program and did not get into it. I also wanted UGGS.
29. What was your favourite film of this year? Twilight part 4, Pitch Perfect, and The Hobbit
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 29...and I don't think I did anything....(now I'm going to check my blog last year to see if I did anything)
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Getting into nursing school!
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? Jeans and jackets- it's what I always dreamed of when I lived in SD!
33. What kept you sane? Dennis, my dogs, and my friends who listened to my whining
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? President Barack Obama
35. What political issue stirred you the most? Equality. Why is equality still a political issue?!
36. Who did you miss? San Diego peoples
37. Who was the best new person you met? My friend Jen in Oregon. It's been nice to have someone to hang out with up here!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. Facebook is ridiculous because you learn things about people you never wanted to know. But it's also like a drug where you can't stay away if you tried.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "But just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die. You've gotta get up and try, and try, and try."-Pink
40. What are your resolutions for 2013? I don't make resolutions because I believe that if I want to make a change, I should make the change then. If I set a date to start something, I know I will dread the day it comes and will end up resenting my resolutions.
2012 was pretty good:
-My brother came to visit a couple of times.
-My friends came up to visit as well: MC and Tom came up and we went crabbing (no luck!) LW and PR finally came to visit! JB ran the Portland Rock n Roll Half Marathon!
-Finally got some sort of legit degree
-Stayed physically active: June's Pedal-palooza, Portland Sunday Parkways, the Color Run, C25K (just for me), yoga
-Went to Bend, OR with the dogs for a mini vacation
-Got another tattoo that I love
-Stayed busy volunteering for 3 organizations
-Maintained a 3.0+ GPA
-Networked with a few people I met...hopefully this will lead to a job soon
-Met an Oregon Senator by happenstance (pushed his family member in a wheelchair)
-was retweeted by my favorite author Emily Giffin and was @replied to on Twitter from SD Chargers' cornerback Quentin Jammer!! (lol I'm so proud of these!!)
Happy New Year, you!
No comments:
Post a Comment