![]() |
| Some of my mom's side of the family. My mom is on the very left of this picture. |
in january 2011, my boyfriend and i packed up our 3 pups and moved to portland, oregon from san diego, california. this is my attempt at documenting my experiences: both the good and the bad! enjoy!
Friday, March 25, 2011
A disconnect
I feel so disconnected with my mom's side of the family these days. My mom has been gone for almost 3 years now....and I love my cousins (I always interchange between calling them my aunts and uncles even though they are my first cousins). They're years older than me, but a lot of them have always been gracious towards my brother and I. I know I'm not in SD anymore. But even when I was living there, it felt like after my mom and dad died, there was a huge disconnect. It makes me sad because I don't really know how to interact with them. There's always Facebook, but sometimes that just feels so fake. I know that it's not that they don't care. When we are all together, I can always feel the love that they have for me. The way they speak to me is always genuine, and it feels nice. I guess the problem is that these moments are few and far between. It's also a little..."unsettling," I think may be the word I'm looking for. I hope that as we get older, the gap in communication doesn't widen. They're my only connection here in the US that I can relate to my mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment