This weekend was highly uneventful for me. The last time I remember doing something for Easter (like actually participating in something) was when I was probably 10 years old. My Auntie Bebe (she was my mom's first cousin's daughter) was the best adult, ever. We lived right next door to her and her mom, and my uncle and his family lived behind their house. She always organized the egg hunts and contests for us. We had a bunch of kids in the family, and we always got together on the weekends and holidays...I had a fun childhood! I have always tried to be a cool aunt like she was. She used to ride motorcycles (and give us kids rides, too!), and when she was in the very late stages of breast cancer, she still went to the desert to go dirt biking. I don't do wild stuff like that though! Haha, I'm too chicken shit. I take the kids to Sea World and stuff. My family moved away when I was 10, and we never really celebrated Easter like that again. I hope that one day, I'll be able to get involved with my nieces and nephews like she did.
Anyway.... I've got one month of school under my belt! I have 8 weeks of the Spring term left, and then a week vacation before summer school starts. My cousins Bernadette and Deuce (their nicknames) that I grew up with (until they moved away to Dallas when I was ~7-8 years old) are flying out to San Diego to visit the family, and I'm really bummed that I'll be missing out. My cousin Sarah and her new baby girl, Camille will be back in San Diego then as well. The reunion is gonna be epic and I'm gonna miss out :(
I feel like I've been so whiny for the past couple of weeks, it's because I'm really tired. (Yet I am up at 12:30 on a school night blogging.)
Hopefully this week will be a breeze. We have Tuesday off, so I have a 4 day school week. Thank God!
No comments:
Post a Comment