Thursday, September 29, 2011

School really does suck

Today was my 2nd day in anatomy and physiology 232...and it was shitty.  I feel alienated.  Pretty much everyone in my ap class have already taken that class together, with this teacher, so they're all bff and shit.  Meanwhile, I'm the shy (I wouldn't say mousy, more hippopotamusy) type.  But I have made an effort to start up conversations, it's just people don't really wanna reciprocate.  I would say I don't care, but I kind of do because (it feels like) the teachers are pretty much forcing us to interact with each other.  It's a little awkward to have no one to interact with.  I can't help but feel self-conscious.  Do I have boogies hanging out of my nose?  Do I have nasty b.o.?  Am I not dressing cool enough?  Does my face just scream "desperate for someone to talk to!!"?  Or does my face say "get the fuck away from me!"?  I don't know, but I can't help but wonder.  Is it because I'm OLD?!  I guess I'll never know.

Another thing that sucks is that I took the AP231 class at the Sylvania campus.  I didn't know that the curriculum was significantly different.  At Sylvania, in our lab, we had a quiz every week.  The quiz was a see it, name it thing.  We also had our lab practicals (which is still the same here at Rock Creek).  But the difference here is that it's pretty much a teach yourself lab.  The instructor is available for ?'s, but doesn't go over models with us.  My instructor for 231 had us all have a model and then came around to our lab group to ask us to name the structures in front of him to make sure we knew it.  The Rock Creek instructor will be giving us quizzes in lecture, every week we don't have an exam.  Suffice to say, I'm completely out of my element.  I feel like I'm already sinking.

Well, here's to hoping that the school year will get better.  Or at the very least, a little LESS awkward.

when we first moved here and Melanie and Tom visited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment