Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas baking

Who doesn't love to bake?  Especially around Christmastime?!  I love baking...mostly, I just like passing off my goodies (that's what she said) to other people and it makes me happy when they actually LIKE it.  I've tried to many different recipes, and probably screwed up a good amount of them too.  I remember one year, I made these cute cookies, drizzled with chocolate and caramel.  When I bit into them, they tasted like crackers....drizzled with chocolate and caramel.  Ick.  At least they were cute.  I made a couple of yummers last night- Saltine toffee squares and Oreo truffles.  Dennis liked both of them, so that's a good sign I didn't screw it up!

I made a goodie bag for LaTeena and Angie and gave it to them when we went out last night.  Speaking of, we watched New Year's Eve.  HORRIBLE movie.  It was as good as "Swimfan".  The plot was ridiculous, the characters were ridiculous.  It was like a trophy case of famous people doing very little.  I love Bon Jovi and all, but really?  Oh, and let's not forget Lea Michele's singing...I felt like I was watching her MTV music video.  The only thing that movie had going for it was that delicious man-boy, Zac Efron.  

No comments:

Post a Comment