Tuesday, December 27, 2011

This vacation>summer vacation

Ah, so December 27...who knew that I'd want to stay in SD for a little bit longer??  The summer trip to San Diego sucked nuts.  I was stuck on the couch...and the dogs kept pissing all over the blankets and I had to keep doing the laundry.  Now I am staying in the room my cousin vacated, Auntie Jean and Uncle George have been watching the dogs, I've been trying to make the most of this visit since we probably will not be back in SD for a while.  (Well, Dennis will, since he'll be a groomsman at Troy's wedding in March.)  When we arrived last week, on Wednesday (which seems like YESTERDAY), I went to MC's and we baked.  Here is a picture of the gingerbread cookies we made:

We lost our creativity with the decorations after we iced the first 10 cookies.  Eventually, we were writing words and using choc. chips as gingbread boobies.  On Thursday, Lisa and Anthony hosted a white elephant party.  There was a lot of good food!  I had so much fun that night.  Poor baby Mason was probably pooped because we were there until 12:30am!  Here are a couple of pictures from the party, taken by Anthony (yeah, I know, my boobs look humongous, but that's only because my sweater buttoned allllll the way up above my collarbone, and I wore a black tank top and black pants.  I need a personal stylist):
Kristin, Lisa, Me, MC and V
Dionne, Me, Vianney
The whole gang
On Friday, I went to my old job (yeah, again) and dropped off some ingredients for MC to make those Funeral Potatoes with.  At night, I went to dinner with Dennis and his friend Troy and Troy's fiancee.  We went to their apartment and watched Young Guns II...yep.  
Saturday, Sarah picked me up and we drove up to LBC.  I FINALLY got to taste my cousin's gourmet cooking.  For real.  His daughter is always posting pictures of the food he makes and tags all of the family...jerk!  He made these chicken wrapped sausages, roast beef, pancit with shrimp and fish balls, delicious salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing, mashed potatoes, sisig...if we'd stayed the night, we could've had lobster!  Anyway, family tradition is the kids open their gifts on Christmas Eve.  They somehow talked all the adults into being able to open their gifts hours early.  My brother did all the shopping for the kids this year and he's a kid at heart because each kid he picked out a present for LOVED their gift!  Awww I am so proud of him for stepping up to the plate :)   Here are some pictures of the gift opening and a few pictures of Sarah's beautiful baby girl, Camille.  I can't get over how adorable she is!
Derion and his new hat
Kuya Pog Pog, Jeff, Ate Jane, and Ate Vi (L to R)
Camille cheesing for the camera
Crystal loved her baby doll
AJ, Edison and Tish
Camille's first Christmas
Camille at IHOP on Xmas Day.  Sitting pinoy style
On Christmas day, Sarah and Camille took me home after treating me to IHOP.  Auntie Chit gave us 2 20 lb hams and 2 cherry cheesecakes and I gave one of each to Dennis' family.  The rest of the day, my brother and his gf and I all just lounged in our PJs until Bren started craving pho.  So we went to get pho and then came home to nap.  Later that night, we went to Christmas Card Lane in PQ to check out the lights.  I love this neighborhood....I'd love to live there one day so I could have my own Christmas Card to put out and have people drive by!  Afterward, we went to Tea N More and got boba and went home to watch Home Alone 2 and ELF!
blurry pic of the Peanuts gang
Decked out house!
LIGHTS!!  AND MORE LIGHTS!!!
Checking in at the Plaza Hotel




Monday night, I had dinner with Jayraan (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!) and DC at Phuong Trang.  It was good as usual!  Tomorrow, I'm going to Hooters with Ronalyn for all you can eat wings...because, you know, I'm fat and I need to grow out of my pants.
Can't sit comfortably without unbuttoning the pants

No comments:

Post a Comment